Visa Information

Citizens of 59 countries are eligible for visa-exempt entry for a period of 30 or 90 days.

In order to be approved for visa-free entry, make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months (3 months for Japanese), can prove you do not intend on staying indefinitely in Taiwan (either by a flight reservation or some type of itinerary), and have no criminal record or other extenuating circumstances in the ROC.

Visa-free entries are allowed at the following ports of entry:
Taiwan Taoyuan Intl’ Airport (TPE)Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA), Taichung Airport, Chiayi Airport, Tainan Airport, Kaohsiung Int’l Airport, Taitung Airport, Hualien AirportKinmen AirportMagong AirportKeelung Harbour, Taipei Harbour, Taichung Harbour, Kaohsiung Harbour, Hualien Harbour, Shuitou Harbour (Kinmen) and Fuao Harbour.

The following passport holders are allowed a 90 day visa-free stay:
USA, UK, Canada, Australia (exp. 2018/12/31), Japan (日本), South Korea (대한민국), Germany, France, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Poland, Paraguay, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City State.

The following passport holders are allowed a 30 day visa-free stay:
Singapore, Malaysia, Belize, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, St. Christopher and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Passports from Thailand (ประเทศไทย) and Brunei are visa-free until 31 July, 2019.

Citizens of the Philippines:
Visitors to Taiwan for tourism purposes are permitted a 14 day stay until 31 July, 2019. For other cases, please apply for e-Visa or ROC Travel Authorization Certificate (described below).

Citizens of Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Myanmar, and Laos:
Visitors to Taiwan are permitted a 30 day visa-free stay if holding a residency or valid visa (including electronic) for USA, Canada, Schengen States (Europe), UK, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, or Australia. Old visas may also be used, as long as the visa has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan. Work permits are not allowed. After completing application documents online, print out the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate and bring to Taiwan with passport. The certificate is valid for 90 days, with 30 days each stay, multiple entry. After 30 days, the user may leave Taiwan and re-enter with the same certificate for another 30 days. To extend the duration of the certificate, apply for another one more than 7 days before the expiration of the current certificate.

Hong Kong and Macau passports are allowed a 30 day entry after application of Exit & Entry Permit (入台證) either at the airport after landing or in advance online. Due to the political situation between Taiwan and the PRC, HK and Macau passports will not be stamped and visitors are required to apply for an Exit & Entry Permit. HK BNO passports are treated the same as HK SAR passports. The ROC government recommends that HK/Macau/PRC residents that hold a secondary passport use that passport to enter Taiwan. Dual nationals with previous visits to Taiwan on the secondary passport will be denied entry on the HK/Macau/PRC passport.

Mainland Chinese (PRC) passports have a unique set of rules and restrictions for entering the Taiwan Area. Please consult a local travel agent for more exact details. Please note that passports from Belize, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, or Honduras listing China PRC as place of birth may not be eligible for visa-free entry.

Emergency Passport Holders: Emergency passports from visa-waiver countries are allowed to visit the ROC, and should apply for a landing visa upon arrival. USA emergency passports are visa-free for 90 days.

If you need to apply for a visa, please visit your closest ROC mission abroad. Please be aware that except for the 17 countries that recognise the ROC, the ROC representative office will be titled similarly to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (such as in the United States). For a complete list, please visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs website. (

For more information, please click this link: